“The relationship between anaerobic performances, muscle strength, hamstring/hamstrings ratio, agility, sprint ability and vertical jump in professional basketball players.”
- Increasing players leg strength will improve performance over short distances for sprints, jumping, shooting, and turns and dribbles.
My Takeaways from the journal
- Maximal knee extension strength is crucial for anaerobic basketball movements
- The larger the angle of extension, the greater force produced in jumping
- get deeper into negative (eccentric motion) during jumping
- Muscle fiber activation is directly correlated to “quick” anaerobic basketball movements
- incorporate static holds in leg workouts to increase muscle fiber recruitment and activation.
All my findings and takeaways are thanks to the research journal at the below link